Marketing Manager / TVRT / MitraClip
|【Job Purpose and Scope】
The MitraClip Product Manager owns the MitraClip and emerging TriClip portfolio in Japan. She/he is responsible for setting strategic direction in Japan for the portfolio and for tactical implementation of activities aligned to a patient-centric, customer-centric and goal-achieving culture, leading to optimal clinical adoption, outcomes, and customer satisfaction within the space. The Japan Product Manager is “product and portfolio champion” - the focal point for Japan on all matters related to technology and market, planning and execution, and achievement of business objectives for the portfolio. The Product Manager is responsible for products throughout their lifecycles. This includes development of market analysis and opportunity assessments, and marketing plans and activities that optimize competitive differentiation, patient benefit and value. This also includes ownership of long-term planning, ensuring prioritization of Japan market for new technologies, and developing roadmaps to accelerate new market entry.
【Core Job Responsibilities】
○ Champion opportunities and needs in Japan by providing regular, evidencebased input to Regional and Global Marketing, identifying and securing opportunities for expansion and greater success in Japan, for both existing and pipeline products.
○ Contribute to the establishment and achievement of objectives via development and close execution of annual marketing plans.
○ Provide leadership to all in-house functions contributing to the portfolio in Japan, including Public Affairs, MarComm, Finance, Clinical, Quality, and Regulatory, ensuring awareness and alignment for achievement of productspecific business objectives.
○ Drive cross-functional teams to develop Japan-specific strategies and plans for new product launches including market analysis, clinical strategy, reimbursement strategy, education and training, product positioning and messaging.
○ Develop and oversee execution of the marketing plan. This includes defining and segmenting markets; targeting and positioning; and all aspects of the marketing mix (product; supply chain/distribution; price; and integrated marketing/promotion).
○ Own all related financial planning processes such as Plan, “LBE”, LRP and contribute Japan assessments to regulatory, clinical and R&D process.
○ Set appropriate KPIs (leading KPIs, activity KPIs, clinical KPIs and performance KPIs), analyze data and track to take timely corrective actions as necessary
○ Leverage customer relationships, technical expertise and product knowledge to plan and coordinate new launches, and provide the sales team with appropriate messaging, campaigns and tools highlighting objective, relevant differentiation.
○ Develop promotional tools and optimize others provided by Global Marketing; launch with appropriate localization, training, and tracking.
○ Create open, productive lines of communication between the sales and clinical team and all other areas that affect the product: Regional and Global Marketing; RA; QA; etc.
○ Provide clinical and sales staff with clinical knowledge and promotional guidance, ensuring products are targeted appropriately to satisfy customer needs and expectations.
○ Stay up-to-date on key publications, trials, indications, society guidelines, and market dynamics and reflect to the communication / marketing strategy - Ensure that sales, clinical, training, and other functions are kept informed of any technical, market or strategic issues that may affect plans and execution.
○ Interface with Public Relations firms, market research companies; design agencies and other vendors and customers to effectively grow business in a profitable manner while maintaining a customer focus throughout all activities. Where appropriate, identify opportunities for positive media exposure in partnership with the Public Affairs department.
○ Develop and maintain professional relationships with key customer accounts as well as market influencers.
|【Minimum Skills Required】
○ Strategic thinking
○ Proactive, action-oriented execution skills
○ Problem solving with intense sense of ownership
○ Good communicator and strong interpersonal skills
○ Project management including leadership of cross-functional teams
○ Proven ability to develop, and effectively present, strategies and plans
○ Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with high expectations
○ Bachelor’s degree and MBA/graduate degree
○ Business-level English or above
○ Marketing or management consulting experience of at least two years
○ Product management experience in medical device and/or pharmaceutical industry, especially in cardiology is a plus
○ Knowledge/ability to develop and execute a new product launch.
○ Demonstrated interest and aptitude for technical and/or clinical subjects
○ Financial skills, market analysis and advanced communication skills
○ Self-starter, proactive, willing to challenge status quo, and innately curious
○ Strong story telling skills to captivate and influence audiences
○ Well-honed analytical skills as well as written and oral communication skills
○ Successful experience with at least one cross-functional project preferred
○ Able to influence and motivate individuals from sales, marketing, and other functional areas to drive product sales
○ Able and willing to complete multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines
○ Ability to travel 30-40% of the time