Medical Science liaison / 糖尿病関連製品 / ADC
|職務内容||【MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE】
The MSL is the medical / scientific voice of expertise for Abbott Diabetes Care (ADC) products and therapeutic areas. This field based role focuses on medical & scientific engagement with ADC stakeholders. Provides medical / scientific expert advice / guidance to key customers for ADC products & relevant therapeutic areas, including scientific exchange & professional development with Local KOLs and provides medical / scientific affairs support to the Japan commercial team.
The MSL serves to support the scientific credibility of ADC with established and emerging East/West region of Japan Local KOLs in the East and West Regions of Japan, by supporting scientific dialogue and collaboration in areas of research, scientific publications, and medical & scientific exchange, including unsolicited requests for medical information. They also interface regularly with appropriate Japan commercial team members. They maintain a high level of knowledge to ensure credible dissemination of scientific information and dialogue with Local KOLs, healthcare providers and healthcare organizations.
1. Provide scientific and medical leadership to ensure professional and credible relationships with Local KOLs of strategic importance to ADC.
2. Ensure a strong medical and scientific presence for ADC in key academic centers by facilitation of educational initiatives, while supporting requests for medical and scientific information on products or areas of therapeutic interest to ADC.
3. Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other in-field members while retaining functional independence.
4. Serve as a point of contact within the medical and scientific affairs team for Local KOLs within an assigned geographic area in order to satisfy their needs for scientific knowledge in a therapeutic area and, when requested, relevant ADC products, to support their safe, effective and appropriate use.
5. Deliver credible presentations on scientific matters to health care providers, individually or in groups (meetings, clinical sessions, etc.), where requested, with the focus on Local KOLs
6. Participate in the selection process to identify appropriately Local KOLs, ADC would wish to engage in collaborative efforts – such as educational and advisory roles (Local Advisory Boards, Congresses, Symposia, etc.) while ensuring a high level of scientific or educational integrity in these collaborative efforts.
7. Attend relevant scientific meetings and conferences. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop summaries of key data and other scientifically relevant information to inform ADC strategic priorities and initiatives. Staff the Medical Affairs area of the exhibit booth at national and local scientific meetings and congresses
8. Provide Local KOLs with scientific information to support publications of scientific or medical interest.
9. Ensure that all activities and interactions are conducted with due regard to all applicable local and national laws, regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct, company policies and accepted standards of best practice.
10. Plan and execute a series of Scientific Trainings for internal stakeholders, which will include the the utility and benefits of our product portfolio across different domains e.g. awareness, quality metrics and various outcomes (glycemic and non-glycemic) metrics; literature update data (prior and regularly agreed upon) etc.
Bachelor’s Degree in a health sciences field
Preferred Advanced degree (e.g. Pharmacy, Nutrition, Nursing, M.S. or PhD) in a relevant scientific discipline is preferred but candidates with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and demonstrated experience will be considered.
〇 Minimum 3- 5 years in a health sciences field with minimum 2 years related industry experience, diabetes care industry (professional medical education or clinical research), or equivalent experience in healthcare management and a working knowledge of related fields is preferred
〇 Scientific communication and presentation skill in Japanese with external health care professionals
〇 Fluency in spoken and written Japanese is essential
〇 Medical scientific writing and reading capability in English is required
〇 Searching, reading, and assessing medical and scientific articles
〇 Rich knowledge and experience using PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel
〇 Preferred English communication skill at business level